Sunday, April 11, 2010

French style meets Vietnamese culture

LookAtVietnam - French designer Rebecca Bargas will introduce her first Vietnamese Spring-Summer Collection which features more than 100 items tomorrow, April 10, at the Hilton Hanoi Hotel.

Gallic flair: The Spring-Summer Collection 2010 by French designer Rebecca Bargas will be presented at Ha Noi’s Hilton Hotel tomorrow. Her Metiss Age collection is a mix between French and Vietnamese culture and took eight months to come to fruition.

“The collection is for everyday wear, it is a simple fusion of Vietnamese fabrics and French style,” said Bargas.


"I hope the collection will provide a range of easy to match items highlighting the feminine glamour and chic of people here. These ready-to-wear items are ideal for the office or daily wear,” added the designer whose cosmopolitan background mixes French, Spanish, Asian and Caribbean ancestry.

Bargas spent almost a year preparing the collection, with her centrally involved in the design, choice of materials, and research into the Vietnamese market.

“My Vietnamese isn’t that good, so sometimes I had a few difficulties. However, I have been here for two years which has helped me adapt to working here and I have received great support from my team. more>>

No comments: